PGF
Triple Crown Sports
More
High School
College
Kansas City Area, St. Joseph, Lawrence

Latest Kansas City, Missouri, weather

Go Back   KC Fastpitch > Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Tournament HQ: MSP ASA HV/OGSA MSP "C" VIP "C" R-ASA PGF Top Gun Indoor Specialty MO HS

General Discussions General Discussions

» Sponsors

Kansas City Royals Gear at Fanatics.com

Old 07-16-2015   #1
smjones0410

smjones0410 is on a distinguished road

Default Purpose of Forums

Forums are intended to provide resources for individuals needing additional information about a particular subject. This forum has been very helpful to coaches learning the game, parents looking to get into competitive softball, etc. I think we would all agree that 90+% of coaches and parents have good intentions and have integrity within their organizations. Therfore, when posting a thread, maybe we should keep the following in mind:

1. There is always more than one perspective to every situation. If you do not agree with how something was handled from your perspective, post a description of the situation from your perspective and how & why you would handle it differently. If we agree that 90+% of the people at the games have good intentions, then just describing how & why you would handle it differently, may provide them another perspective and a learning opportunity to do things differently in the future.

2. Do not give the specifics of the game or call out an individual. There are plenty of resources out there for individuals to find out to whom you are referring if you give the specifics of the game (tournament, age division, bracket, etc.) Not everyone lives and dies by these forums and if you give the above information, they may not have the opportunity to provide their perspective of the situation and therefore, you can provide a negative impact on them as an individual and their organization.

3. Cyberbullying - And we wonder why this is such a problem with our youth when we, as adults, can so easily fall into the hiding behind a computer, feeling passionate about a subject, thinking our opinion matters, and placing judgment out on social media. In order to help this problem with our youth, it has to begin with us as adults. For the 90+% of good individuals involved in the softball program, this provides them no help at all, and for the jerks out there, they don't care about your opinion.

I would like to continue to refer people interested in competitive softball in this area to this site, but the negative posts in some threads definitely make me a little more wary to do so.
smjones0410 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to smjones0410 For This Useful Post:
CoachDavis01 (06-13-2016), Dirt_Devils (07-17-2015), FastPitch66062 (07-16-2015), gametime55 (07-26-2015), gdietz01 (07-16-2015), Intensity '02 (07-16-2015), jcorona (07-16-2015), MadMike (07-16-2015), monstar01 (08-10-2016), SamRam (08-04-2015), spartanviper23 (07-11-2016), Steve0428 (01-06-2017), StrongArm23 (07-17-2015)
Old 07-17-2015   #2
WCF

WCF is on a distinguished road

Default Apology

This was a great post..
I want to once again apologize to Stefanie for my rant last week..it was classless and as a coach unacceptable on my part.
I was not there and had zero right to question you in any way.
I wish you nothing but the best.
WCF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WCF For This Useful Post:
smjones0410 (07-17-2015)
Old 07-17-2015   #3
smjones0410

smjones0410 is on a distinguished road

Default Apology Accepted

I'm a firm believer in trying to make something good come out of a bad situation. If we can stop some of the negativeness here and recognize what the kids that we work with may have to deal with, then we are doing our part to make things better. Thank you for standing up with me on this sensitive subject!!

Last edited by smjones0410; 07-17-2015 at 11:03 PM.
smjones0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smjones0410 For This Useful Post:
Steve0428 (01-06-2017)