PGF
Triple Crown Sports
More
High School
College
Kansas City Area, St. Joseph, Lawrence

Latest Kansas City, Missouri, weather

Go Back   KC Fastpitch > Discussion Forums > General Discussions

Tournament HQ: MSP ASA HV/OGSA MSP "C" VIP "C" R-ASA PGF Top Gun Indoor Specialty MO HS

General Discussions General Discussions

» Sponsors

Kansas City Royals Gear at Fanatics.com

Old 11-13-2017   #1
SilverFox

SilverFox is on a distinguished road

Default Can 16C class team sign a 16B player?

I have found two answers in various posts.
Basically I am trying to find a local player to fill some spots and have found some B players possibly willing. The current roster made up of players who have only played 16C. Never any higher class. Half are 14yr olds playing up and other half only high school ballers. SO....ALL players on current roster have only played C class. But I need another player, and have found girls whom have played on a B roster before. I need an experienced player, not a warm body.

My research: Answers
1) No, there is a rule against it.
If so, can you cite or post location of where the rules call this situation

2) Why would a higher class player want to play with a lower class team - Either I should not be sign them because I would look like a terrible person to the community, or, the player should be smart enough not to move down and should not let them.

The team has only ever played against B class in open tournaments, and got smeared....so there is no chance I can move up to B and anyone feel comfortable.

My first post BTW.
SilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote Share on facebook
Old 11-14-2017   #2
CoachAl

CoachAl is on a distinguished road

If you are talking about players who have played B in the past (last season maybe?) but are not rostered on a current team for the 2018 roster year, you would be allowed to add these players to your roster. If you are talking about picking up a guest player, who is rostered at B, to help your team out this would not be allowed, unless your team plays 16B or 16open. In that case it would be fine.

Hope this helps.
CoachAl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CoachAl For This Useful Post:
Twisterscoachjeff (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017   #3
brandmurr7

brandmurr7 is on a distinguished road

It's what the team registers as not the player. It's helping the team but hurting the player that decides to play down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brandmurr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017   #4
Twisterscoachjeff

Twisterscoachjeff

CoachAl is correct
And those that might criticize, If a B level player wants to play at the C level now, there's not anything wrong with it. Maybe she has no interest in moving any higher in levels and she just wants to play in a competitive atmosphere and have fun playing a game she loves to play with her friends. Just my opinion.
Best of luck!!
Twisterscoachjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017   #5
SilverFox

SilverFox is on a distinguished road

comments all fit this situation, thanks.
...just didn't want my first move to be p'o anyone or break the rules.
SilverFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017   #6
dekberg

dekberg is on a distinguished road

Trust me you will PO someone at some point. Someone will lose a game and look at your roster to see a player that played B and then say you cheated. Just ignore it when it happens because you wouldn't be doing anything wrong if they are not on another roster. When in doubt check with USSSA or ASA.
Old 11-15-2017   #7
jlandewee

jlandewee is on a distinguished road

Cant be too big of a problem they have teams full of B players that play C whats ONE gonna hurt lol
jlandewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017   #8
02prospectmom

02prospectmom is on a distinguished road

My daughter was once a registered B player which as the next season began I moved her down to C so that she could work on more fundamentals. Once she progressed, I then moved her back up to B and now she plays A. So yes, you can have a player who has played B ball move down to C. She cannot be registered as both B and C with USSSA. Now I have seen teams who register B with USSSA and then C with ASA so you might take a look at that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
I have found two answers in various posts.
Basically I am trying to find a local player to fill some spots and have found some B players possibly willing. The current roster made up of players who have only played 16C. Never any higher class. Half are 14yr olds playing up and other half only high school ballers. SO....ALL players on current roster have only played C class. But I need another player, and have found girls whom have played on a B roster before. I need an experienced player, not a warm body.

My research: Answers
1) No, there is a rule against it.
If so, can you cite or post location of where the rules call this situation

2) Why would a higher class player want to play with a lower class team - Either I should not be sign them because I would look like a terrible person to the community, or, the player should be smart enough not to move down and should not let them.

The team has only ever played against B class in open tournaments, and got smeared....so there is no chance I can move up to B and anyone feel comfortable.

My first post BTW.
02prospectmom is offline   Reply With Quote